Rail Bike Adventures
Rail Bike Adventures
Laconia Railroad Station - Laconia, NH
For nearly 35 years, the Hobo & Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad has offered scenic train rides “along New Hampshire’s lakes and through the White Mountains”. However, we’re excited to introduce a new experience and activity to the Hobo & Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad – exploring the rails with Rail Bike Adventures!
Enjoy the beauty and history of New Hampshire’s beautiful Lakes Region as you and your family or friends pedal our state-of-the-art rail bikes along a rail line that dates back to the mid 1800’s. Your guided rail bike adventure will begin and end at the historic Laconia Railroad Station in Veterans Square which opened in 1892 and operated until in the late 1960’s.
Our route will take you past the site of the former Laconia Car Company which built rail cars from 1848 to 1928, then over a trestle bridge crossing the Winnipesaukee River and Durkee Brook before reaching the shore of Lake Winnisquam – New Hampshire’s 4th largest lake. The terrain you’ll cover along the route is primarily flat and your nearly 2-hour excursion is both relaxing & enjoyable for most ages 5 and up.
Safety is paramount at Rail Bike Adventures, so all of our guided tours have trained guides at the front and rear of each group, as well as a flagger at all road crossings. Riders are spread out during the guided tours, usually with a couple hundred feet between each rail bike, which allows riders to enjoy the experience and the views at their own pace. The front and rear guides will assist where needed to help make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Each of our custom-made rail bikes is equipped with comfortable seating, built-in hand-holds, pedals for up to four riders, hand brakes as well as a basket for personal items, snacks & cold drinks. A variety of snacks, bottled beverages, train & rail bike apparel and a limited selection of gifts are available in our Laconia Railroad Station Gift Shop.
- Rail Bike Adventures will open for the season Friday, June 25, 2021!
- Advance reservations will be required. You’ll be able to reserve tickets through this web site (on this page) starting Monday, June 21, 2021.
- The cost will be $150.00 per Rail Bike for up to 4 riders for the 2-hour guided tours.
- All riders must be at least 4 feet (48 inches) tall.
- Maximum weight per rider must not exceed 250 lbs.
- Departure times from the Laconia Railroad Station are expected to be 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm & 4:00pm.
- We ask that you plan to arrive 20-30 minutes prior to your departure time to check in.
- Additional information will be added to this page as we get closer to Monday, June 20, 2021. Please check back often.
- We’re looking forward to seeing you!